Cookies are small files, consisting of letters and numbers, that will be stored on the computer, mobile terminal or other equipment of a user from whom the Internet is accessed.
Cookies are installed by request issued by a web server, a browser (eg Internet Explorer, Chrome).
Cookies are completely “passive” (they do not contain software, viruses or spyware and cannot access the information on the user’s hard driver).
A cookie consists of 2 parts: the name and content or value of the cookie. The duration of the existence of a cookie is determined; technically, only the webserver that sent the cookie can access it again when a user returns to the website associated with that web server.
Cookies themselves do not require personal information in order to be used and, in most cases, do not personally identify internet users.
The lifetime of a cookie can vary significantly, depending on the purpose for which it is placed. Some cookies are intended for a single use (such as session cookies), therefore they are not maintained once the user leaves the site. Other cookies are maintained and reused each time the user returns to the site (persistent cookies). However, cookies can be deleted by the user at any time by using the browser settings.
Cookies can be deactivated in the browser through its option to delete cookies:
– Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/ro/kb/activarea-si-dezactivarea-cookie-urilor
– Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en_US
– Microsoft Edge / Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/ro-ro/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
– Apple Safari: https://support.apple.com/ro-ro/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
Most browsers offer the ability to change cookie settings. These settings are usually found in the “options” or “preferences” menu of your browser.
To understand these settings, the following links may be useful, otherwise you can use the browser’s “help” option for more details.
By accessing this site you can place the following types of cookies:
– site performance: they retain the user’s preferences on this site;
– visitor analysis: they tell us if you have visited this site before; the browser will tell us if you have this cookie, and if not, we will generate one;
– for geotargetting: these are used by a software that determines which country you come from, are completely anonymous and are used only for targeting content;
– for advertising: based on them, we can find out whether or not you have viewed an online advertisement, what type of advertisement and how long it has been since you viewed this advertisement.
Cookies themselves do not require personal information in order to be used and, in most cases, do not personally identify internet users. Personal data can be collected by using cookies only to facilitate certain functionalities for the user.